Wednesday, September 24, 2014

About this Blog

What's not to love about a cute dog with a personality the size of an elephant? I know that not everyone likes animals, or those that like animals may not like dogs. However, here comes a dog by the name of Missy who can hopefully convert those who are not yet bone fide dog lovers, or people who do love dogs can learn some more about man's best friend from the dozens of Missy stories I have to share.

Image Source: cbeckwith.blogspot.com
The great thing about dogs, especially Missy, is that they teach you so much about dog ownership and good 'ole life lessons every day. I adopted Missy from a local shelter in 2013 and she has come so far since that time. After spending two years at the shelter due to a development of various behavior problems and her trust issues with people, she eventually went home to a foster family until her forever home came along. Obviously, since I am writing this blog about Missy, I am her forever home. Life With Dogs wrote an article about her story several months after I adopted her, and after reading it, a light bulb went off. She progressed so much since I adopted her, that I realized it wasn't just her who changed, it was me too. She taught me how to be a more patient, quiet person and her frisky personality constantly keeps me on my toes. So, come along with me as I share her everyday stories, dog tips, and why I typically call her "that darn dog."

Missy-June 2013



2 comments:

  1. It can be quiet a challenge when it comes to training a pet. I have had some pets that can be a challenge to train but I agree that having patience is the key of having well behaved pets. I love animals and from my own experience I had birds that had trust issues with people. I still have those birds and they aren't afraid of me anymore because I dedicated my time on them. People can learn a lot through out the years when owning a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you mention trust issues I am always curious about what causes those issues. It is amazing that animals like dogs or birds can remember a past event so well that it somehow affects their behaviors/emotions, etc. later in life. If we are patient with them they reward us with their trust which is a complex state. For that matter, I do not think we every stop learning from them.

    ReplyDelete